Advantages and disadvantages of Internet in language teaching.
Keywords:Internet, teaching, information, method, speech activity, memory, speaking, listening, reading, writing, website, native speaker the text.
Article is devoted to the use of Internet resources in foreign language teaching. We consider the numerous advantages of using the World Wide Web, and use of information to improve teaching and practice of certain types of speech activity. Examples of the application of online resources to practice writing, speaking, listening and reading are given. As an example, certain websites are mentioned, where teachers of foreign languages may find some useful information to enhance and improve the teaching of foreign language. There are various aspects of Internet resources for practice of improvement lexical and grammatical material for different levels of foreign language. Attention is focused on good practice and opportunity of live communication with native speakers is excellent, the use of accumulated material and the ability to expand vocabulary and knowledge. For students it is important to hear not only the teacher but also a true native speaker. In addition, the English language itself, is very versatile and varied. So, the British pronunciation markedly differs from American or Australian pronunciation. Thus, the student can hear the different tones and features of pronunciation by communicating with native foreign language speakers from different countries.
- Abaluev R.N. Internet - tehnologii v obrazovanii: Uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie. [Internet - Technology in Education: Teaching manual - Pt.3]. Tambov: Publ. TGTU, 2002. – 114p.
- Abushenko V. L. Chitannja // Socіologіchna enciklopedіja / Uporjad. Gricanov A. A., Abushenko V. L. ta іn [Sociological encyclopedia] - K.: Bookhouse, 2003. – 1312p.
- Anohin M.G., Pavljutenkova M.Ju. Informacionno-kommunikativnye tehnologii v politike//Vestnik Rossijskogo universiteta druzhby narodov. – Serija: Politologija. [Information and communication technologies in politics / / Bulletin of the Russian Peoples' Friendship University. - Series: Politics]. 1999. – № 1. – pp. 40–52.
- Derevjashkina N..M. Informacionnye tehnologii v nauke i obrazovanii [Tekst]: ucheb. posobie (Ch.1)/ N.M. Derevjashkina, T.Ju. Novgorodceva. [Information technologies in science and education [Text]: Textbook. (Part 1)] – Irkutsk: BGUJeP, 2007. – 51p.
- Pushkareva E.V. Primenenie informacionnyh tehnologij pri izuchenii inostrannyh jazykov Voprosy Internet-obrazovanija. – Jelektrn. Zhurn. - №6. [Application of information technology in the study of foreign languages [electronic resource]/Questions Internet education.] Available at: http://sputnik.mastertelecom.ru/Docs_28/Ped.journal/Vio6/VIO_06/cd_site/Articles/art_1_11.htm (accessed 22.09.2013)
- Sysoev P.V. Metodika obuchenija inostrannym jazykam s ispol'zovaniem informacionno-kommunikacionnyh Internet – tehnologij. [Methodology of teaching foreign languages, using information and communication Internet technologies]. M.: Glossa – Press, 2010. -11 p.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Advanced Education
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).